Thursday, April 10, 2008

Getting Old

Well I had my 27th birthday on March 31st. I can't say I was happy about being 3 years away from being 30. So I decided to embrace this new age and play in a competitive basketball league. I love basketball and I am very competitive so I was excited for this opportunity. We have lost our first 3 games and realized that teenagers are just plain faster than we are. In my last game something ended up happening to my knee and I am now out for the season and could need surgery after I get an MRI taken. Only thing is I have to wait until I am out of my 1st trimester to get the test taken so I have to wait until May 6th. The part that sucks is that I am in constant pain and it hurts to walk. I can't take anything but Tylenol and that doesn't do much. So on top of the pregnancy issues I have I am also suffering from a bum knee. The good news is that I am going to New Mexico for 10 days to visit a friend. Then I am going to Women's Conference at BYU where I will most likely have to use crouches so I do not injure myself further from all the walk you do.

Also I had my 1st doctor's appointment and everything looks good. My due date is November 6th and we get to find out what it is in 10 weeks!

6 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

yuck! that is awful about your knee...have fun in New Mexico though...I'm moving to Arizona and I am looking forward to someday visiting new mexico too.

Kristine said...

Ouch! Happy late birthday, I turn 27 in a few weeks too and I'm feeling a little old myself. When did that happen to us anyway??

I hope your knee gets feeling better soon. Congratulations on the pregnancy though!!

Alanna said...

I am sorry to hear about your knee. That stinks...but I am excited to think that you will be in Provo for Women's conference. We should get together.

Anna said...

Hi Jennie. I hope you don't mind that I read your blog. This is Anna Poole (used to be Osmond). I saw a link to it on Alanna's blog and had to check it out. Congrats on your pregnancy! That's exciting! And good luck with your knee. I hope everything turns out ok with it. I swear, nothing is more miserable than being sick or hurt on top of being pregnant!

Lynners said...

You are the coolest! I can't believe that you are playing competitively while you're prego! That's awesome. That stinks about your knee. Here's hoping it amounts to nothing and soon. Pregnancy makes everything hurt as it is.

Angela said...

Sorry to hear about your knee that is a bummer! I hope you enjoyed BYU Women's Conference I hear Hilary did fabulous! I was in Hawaii until the day before and didn't make it. So maybe next year. Hope the MRI went ok! Good luck!