Friday, July 11, 2008

Craziness

I know I have not updated my blog for a long time but I have a few good reasons. I will start at the beginning. I had knee surgery June 6th. I was not able to walk for a couple days and I was on crutches for a bit. The Wednesday after my knee surgery my calf was hurting so I called the doctor and they told me to get an ultrasound done on my calf. Turned out I had a blood clot from my ankle to the back of my knee. Not good. Especially where I am pregnant. So I had to be checked into the hospital. It was a short stay i got to go home Thursday night the 12th. Well then on Sunday the 15th i started having chest pains and Will had to take me back to the ER where they did a CAT Scan and found that a piece had broke off and is now in my right lung. Monday the 16th I had a filter put into my abdomen through my right groin to catch any more clots that might break off. Tuesday the 17th I woke up in unbearable pain, worse than having a child natural for those of you that have gone through that. Will came home from work and took me back to the ER where I suffered for 6 hours before they admitted me and put me on a morphine drip. The next week was a rough one. I experienced more pain in the hospital than I ever could have imagined I would face in my life. There were points where I didn't think I could be in so much pain unless I was dying. I had to be put on oxygen so the baby would not be harmed. They determined that I was bleeding out from my groin on the inside and had lost at least a liter of blood. Saturday the 21st was the first day my blood count came up which meant the bleeding had stopped. They started to take me off the morphine and Monday I got to go home. I was barley able to walk around because the pain was still bad but I was grateful to be home. Family and friends kept the boys while Will was at work so that was a huge help. I had a lot of time to think in the hospital and the one thing I will take away from this experience is that I know my Savior had to go through that much pain and more as he took on the sins and afflictions of the world. I have a greater understanding and respect for what He has done for me. I know that it was not easy for him to atone for me but He did it out of love for me. My love for the Savior has grown and so has my testimony.

To end with some good news, we found out that we are having another BOY! At first I was disappointed because this is our last child but after watching the boys I think it will be fun to have 3 boys and I am a good mom for boys. Now me and Will just have to agree on a name. The middle name will be Lee. It is my middle name. I was named after my grandpa and he will most likely die this year so we have decided that it would be nice if the little guy was named after me and my grandpa.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Man Jennie, I can't believe that you've been through all that craziness! I hope you start feeling good for good! I am excited about your little man.

Alanna said...

wow! My dad had blood clots and it was serious stuff. They passed through his heart and the doctors said that if he hadn't been in such good health he would have died from it. They say that he rally shouldn't have lived through it. am excitd to hear that you are having another boy! Glad to have an update from you too! As an update from me: remember how I was dating someone when you and I hung out? Well, we are still dating and are practically engaged! :)

Katy Wilson said...

OH MY GOODNESS you have had a crazy month or so! you are excused from not blogging...
i am so excited about another boy...that will be so much fun for you! i am glad things are better health wise...that sounded so scary!

Sarah Harward said...

Good Grief!! That's a lot of crap you've been put though!! And all while you're pregnant! You're a tough woman. Congrats on another boy!! We find out what we're having in two weeks. I have NO clue what it might be, and really no opinion either way!! Good luck and staying healthy!!

Lynners said...

Holy crap woman!! Thank heaven you're recovering. I really appreciate your testimony. You certainly help mine grow. Thanks for your amazing example. Congrats on getting another little boy! I'm glad that they have you and Will to teach them to be worthy priesthood holders and gentlemen. I'll bet you are really great at that. Someday you'll have a handful of daughters-in-law that will thank you for your efforts.

Angela said...

So glad everything worked out! What a blessing that you were inspired enough to go back in when you had the calf pain. if not, it may have gotten worse! You are such a trooper and great example of pulling out the positive in any experience. Thanks for your testimony!