Saturday, January 24, 2009

Samuel Turned 5!!!

I can't believe my first born is now 5! The time has gone by so fast and he has grown to be quite a mart little boy and so much fun. We love having Samuel as our son and he has taught us many things as he has grown. So this post is to him, not that he can read yet but I thought it would be fun. His birthday was the 17th of January and he wanted a party so I let him plan his own party. He had a bean bag toss, a pinata, and played pin the tail on the donkey. He had a blast.

He wanted me to put Happy Birthday Sasafrats on his cake because I call him sasafrats or sas as a nickname.Here is a picture of the house decorated. He colored a couple hundred pieces of paper green and taped them together to pretend they were grass. He is a crazy kid.

I didn't get any good pictures of the bean bag toss but here he is getting ready to pin the tail on the donkey.
Here he is before with his pinata he picked out.
Here is what was left. I took the final swing to brake open the head after the kids smashed the body.
Samuel with his gifts.
I thought it would be fun to post pictures of the last 5 years of Samuel's life so here they are. Samuel on his 4th birthday.


Samuel on his 3rd birthday.

Samuel on his 2nd birthday.

Samuel on his 1st birthday.

Samuel the night he was born.

Samuel is a great kid and I can't believe how fast he has grown up. We are alot alike so we are good buddies. I am excited to see what he will accomplish in the future.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Sam!!! I love how you put the pictures of his birthdays every year. I can't believe how much difference a year makes! We need to get together. Bria keeps talking about playing with Sam.

Katy Wilson said...

wow...it is almost scary how fast time flies!!! BV2 memories seem like just yesterday...and now most of you have kids and you have a 5 year old!!! wow...

tacy said...

he is so adorable! I still want to see him in that little mouse costume, or rabbit costume, or whatever that gray costume was. He is so big now!

Susanna said...

I love all the green grass! That is cute! That is so fun to see him on all his birthdays. He is a cutie! Happy Birthday Sam!

Katy Wilson said...

Jennie...I was just wondering if you were going to be able to make it to Utah for this 49th Ward reunion...cause Sarah is coming and so am I, and this might be one of the few times we could get together. Just wondering...

Shauna said...

Happy Happy Birthday :)