Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Parent's Baptism

This last weekend was an experience I never thought I would have. My parents had chosen to be baptized so me and the family headed to Oregon for the weekend. On Saturday we went to the State Fair and then that evening was their baptism. I was surprised at how many people showed up. My friends and members from the ward were there to give their support and love. My friend Andrea was even able to be there from New Mexico and Stephanie came from Rexburg. I still really don't know how to describe my feelings but it was a great day. My Dad was glowing with excitement and Mom seemed very happy. I look forward to what the next year brings and if they will continue to grow and strengthen in the gospel. The Temple is the next step and I look forward to the blessing that ca bring them and myself.

3 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

Every time I read about your family I feel the spirit so strong! and I cry! I am so happy for you and your family. It is such an awesome blessing.

Susanna said...

I was wondering how things went. That is so exciting and fun to see the pictures of the awesome day! So did Will help baptize them then? Congrates Jennie! I can see your good example paid off.

Lynners said...

Wow. That's so amazing. I'm actually all choked up right now! Congrats to you and your sweet parents! May you be sealed together soon.

BTW you're a total hottie in those pics!