Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Weekend Trip

The benefit concert on Friday was great. I was glad to have been able to support a good cause and learn more about the shelter itself. The restaurant was amazingly beautiful and the food was good. A valet even parked my car, that was a first. Hilary was wonderful as she always is and it was fun to hear her perform her Christmas songs and new songs from her new album including my favorite "He Loves Me" My friend Welker went with me on the trip and I was glad to have a friend with me. Hilary was kind enough to let us stay at her house and we were able to go shopping and out to eat with her and her daughter Kenzie on Saturday. We then headed to Tim's Moms' house to watch the big game between BYU & Utah. BYU came out on the losing end due to their quarterback. We headed back to the Weeks' house and watched a movie then headed to bed. It was a great weekend and it helped me get the re-charge I needed to come back home and continue adjusting to our new family. Little James did great teh whole weekend and I took a picture of James with Hilary so I could put it in his baby book as the first famous person he ever met! :)


That is Hilary's daughter Calli with me, Welker, & Hilary.

Monday I went in to see if the filter that was placed in me would come out. It didn't and now I have a huge headache and a very sore neck. If it was Halloween it might look cool to have a blooy bandage on my neck, however right now it is very uncomfortable. It is not a flatering picture but I posted it anyways. I am glad I did not do the proceedure before the concert because I would have had a band-aid on my neck and yellow iodine left which is not a very formal look.

I am starting to feel better this afternoon but they gave me plenty of sedative and a Valium pill so I would not be so nervous. It worked great and I was not able to be left by myself for the rest of the night so my mother-in-law stayed with me. My friend Leslie D. took me to the hospital and watched James while I was there and on top of that made dinner for our family, which I was very grateful for.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and spending time with our family. Hope you all have a great one!

3 comments:

Alanna said...

Sounds like you had so much fun! I hope you recover quickly! You've sure had a lot going on lately!

Angela said...

Love the pic with Hilary, James and Calli! Soo cute - he is even smiling! I am glad things went well at the Dr. hopefully you feel better by today and that your Thanksgiving was wonderful! So great to see you last weekend! We had such a great time!

Lynners said...

You look totally hot girl!