Thursday, December 18, 2008

Getting Ready For Christmas


This is what I have made my Dad for Christmas. I have made a similar thing for Samuel and Russell and my Mom told me this is what he wanted. I am glad I can give him a meaningful gift. Of course I had to make one for myself also.

We have been having fun wrapping gifts and decorating but it has been more fun to teach our children about Christmas and the true meaning of it. During Family Home Evening we have taught Samuel why we celebrate Christmas. We have had opportunities to serve sick people in the ward by taking hem meals and I have taken Samuel with me and tried to make them learning experiences for him. I love this time of year and the Spirit that I feel. I am able to reflect on my Savior and all he has done for me. I am so grateful for the birth, atonement, and resurrection of the Lord and that He has made it possible for me to be with my family for eternity.

Here are a few pictures that I have taken in December.













My parents are coming for Christmas and surprising the boys. I can't think of anything I want more. I have not been able to spend a Thanksgiving or Christmas with my parents for 4 years so it means a lot to me that they are able to come. I will post pictures of our family fun after Christmas.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and that the blessing of the Lord will be with you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you have been having a fun and meaningful Christmas season. I love the look on Sam's face while sitting on Santa's lap! I wonder what he is thinking - maybe "I hope I've been good enough"!?! James is getting so big!I'm so glad to hear that your parents are coming. Your boys are going to love that. I haven't seen my family during the holidays since we got married, so I know how hard that is.

Alanna said...

THe boys are getting so big! I'm glad your parents are coming up. And a surprise for the boys...that will be fun. I love surprising my neices and nephews when I go visit them.

Katy Wilson said...

oh my gosh those boys are growing up! next time i'm up that way (which hopefully will be once there is a little less snow!) i'm stopping by so theydon't forget me!

Angela said...

sooo exciting your parents are coming for Christmas! The pictures of the boys are darling! You are doing a great job teaching the boys the true meaning of Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Hopefully we will see you soon!