Thursday, August 20, 2009

Samuel's 1st Day of Kindergarten

Today was Samuel's 1st day of kindergarten. I was more nervous about it than he was. He has been so excited all summer long to go to school and ride the bus and today was the big day. So off he went on his big adventure of starting school.

He loved it! He came home and had some treasures to show me that he found on the play ground. They were rocks and a stick. I gave him a jar that he could put them in and keep his special treasures from the playground in. Then he showed me that he had homework and explained how his folder worked and everything. He is most excited about the fact that I am supposed to read to him for at least 10 minutes a day. This is something I want to do with my kids and now have a motivation to do it on a regular basis. I am glad he likes school and his teacher but it is sad to see my little baby grown up and going to school.

2 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

I just absolutly refuse to believe that Sam is a dang kindergardener!
That can't be the little Sam wandering around in the mouse costume asking where Ki Ki is...

Susanna said...

Sam looks all tall! I can't believe it. He looks like he is all excited about school.